‘Issues for Parliamentarians’ (Issue Note) is a research-based brief policy paper aimed to facilitate informed discussions among Indian Parliamentarians on key economic issues. It carries a key mantra ‘Good Economics is Good Politics’ in order for the MPs to appreciate that economic growth of the country is the sum and substance of good politics. Each issue covers a specific economic topic that has a greater bearing on the lives of the people, and is explained after thorough research and consultations.
Commenting on one of the ‘Issues for Parliamentarians’, one of the MPs wrote: “?It is indeed very kind of you to have sent me the same, which I find very interesting and useful. I would like to take this opportunity to convey my congratulations and best wishes”.
So far, 14 ‘Issues for Parliamentarians’ have been published.
- Agriculture Reforms 2020 and Farmers’ Welfare
- New Labour Codes of India: How can dignified economic growth be achieved through responsible legislations?
- Land Bill: Is it a step in the right direction?
- Rethinking sub-national cooperation: Reforming the Inter-state Council
- India’s Achilles Heel: Failure to Deliver Public Services
- Industry’s Missing Middle
- Why is the Government afraid of releasing the Chawla Committee Report on Natural Resources?
- From Charity to Better Business Behaviour in India
- Free India, un-free India Inc: Rules and fiats that choke India?s business spirit
- Goods and Services Tax – A Key Instrument for Improving Economic Governance in India
- Agenda for India’s Renewal – Reforms for all
- FDI in Multi-brand Retailing – Adequate Safeguards is Key to Success
- Fiscal Federalism in India: Call to Revisit the Debate
- Food Inflation: Diverse Maladies & Remedies
- Social Sector Budgeting: Higher Allocations Mask Poor Utilisation
- Ensuring Quality in Indian Higher Education
- National Competition Policy for India
- Competition and Regulation in the Indian retail Sector
- Need to Take a Re-look at Central Non-merit Subsidies
- Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in India
- Vague and Dodgy Responses: Whither to Go from Here?
- Achieving the Goals of Multilateral Environmental Agreements
- Indian Post Office (Amendment) Bill 2006: Need To Think Out Of Box
- Amendments to Competition Act 2002: The Way Forward
- Airport Modernisation Saga: What Next?
- WTO Hong Kong Ministerial Conference: What is at Stake for India
- Regulatory Autonomy & Accountability